St James is an inclusive community of people who seek together to discern the transforming presence of God in the world and in their own lives, and then respond in worship, hospitality and care.
In taking this path, we:
- welcome all, regardless of race, gender, age, cultural background or sexual orientation
- take account of contemporary biblical scholarship while acknowledging Christian tradition
- see wisdom in other traditions and believe that our faith is compatible with science
- provide opportunities for sharing ideas, doubts, joys and concerns in our services and discussion
- nurture spirituality through creative liturgy, song, prayer, meditation and hospitality
- connect with people of other churches and of other faiths
- have a strong sense of social justice and care for creation, and
- connect with our local community.
Position of part-time manager
Here is an opportunity to be part of the new Uniting Church in the Woden Valley, to be formed from the merger of St James and South Woden Uniting Churches. A major part of the role is managing the community use of the St James facilities in Curtin.