St James is an inclusive community of people who seek together to discern the transforming presence of God in the world and in their own lives, and to respond to that discovery through worship, mission, hospitality, conversation and care.
We seek to discern and follow the way of Jesus, by:
- welcoming all, regardless of race, gender, cultural background or sexual orientation;
- taking a respectful but honest approach to learning from the Bible and Christian tradition, informed by contemporary biblical scholarship. We see wisdom in other traditions and believe that our faith is compatible with science;
- providing opportunities for sharing ideas, doubts, joys and concerns in our services and in our discussion and social groups;
- nurturing spirituality through creative liturgy, song, prayer, meditation, friendship and hospitality;
- connecting with people of other churches and of other faiths; and engaging with those who have left the church or never known it;
- standing alongside the marginalised and caring for the earth; and
- helping to serve the needs of our local community.
St James explores understanding beyond our faith traditions and welcomes people looking for an open, welcoming experience. The St James community and services may be the refreshing well you have been seeking.