St James is an inclusive community of people who seek together to discern the transforming presence of God in the world and in their own lives, and then respond in worship, hospitality and care.
In taking this path, we:
- welcome all, regardless of race, gender, age, cultural background or sexual orientation
- take account of contemporary biblical scholarship while acknowledging Christian tradition
- see wisdom in other traditions and believe that our faith is compatible with science;
- provide opportunities for sharing ideas, doubts, joys and concerns in our services and discussion
- nurture spirituality through creative liturgy, song, prayer, meditation and hospitality;
- connect with people of other churches and of other faiths
- have a strong sense of social justice and care for creation, and
- connect with our local community.